Chinese Visa Requirements
We know your trip to China is very important to you and you do not want anything to delay your trip. Besides all other preparations, one of the most important thing is to make sure you have a Chinese Visa on your passport. Following are list of items you may need to know about the Chinese Visa.
- The Chinese Visa has few dates on it. You want to make sure you will enter China before the “Enter Before” date. And you may stay in China for “Duration of Each Stay” days for each entry.
- If there is a valid Chinese Visa on your old, expired passport, you do NOT need to apply a new Chinese Visa. You need to bring the old passport with you and show the valid Chinese Visa to the officer when you enter China.
If you need to apply a Chinese Visa for your trip, you will need to know the following before you send everything to us.
- Your passport must have at least 6 months before it expires (1 year if you want to apply 10 years multiple entry visa).
- You must have at least 2 blank Visa pages (NOT Endorsement pages) on your passport.
- The application form must be completed on a computer and be printed single-sided.
- The applicant must sign and date on page 4. If the applicant is under the age of 18, one of the parents must complete and sign sections 4 and 5 on page 4.
- On section 1.17 of the application form, please state the type of the business of your employer (for example, Information Technology, Medical Device, etc)
- The Chinese Embassy has very strict requirements for the application photo. Please read HERE for the detailed requirements. VMS does provide a special photo service for a $15 fee, we will adjust your digital photo to meet the size/background requirements. Please contact us if you need such a service.
- If the purpose of the trip is to visit somebody, you need to provide an invitation letter and also include copy of the inviter’s residential ID (both sides).
- If the purpose of the trip is sight seeing (not visiting anybody), please include a copy of the round trip flight tickets. The tickets mush have the complete information of the passenger’s name (your name), the departure date, the return date, and the airports. Make sure those information is not cut off when print out the tickets.
- Based on your profession (for example, media professionals and religious workers, etc), you may also need to provide a letter from your employer to state that you will be on vacation and will not performing any business related activities during your China trip.
- Please make sure to include a copy of the first page (photo page) of your passport.
- If you have visited China before, please also include a copy of the most recent visa.
Additional information on different type of visas can be found from the following links